[geeks] Which Dell Latitude notebook?

Kurt Mosiejczuk geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 3 09:36:49 CST 2001

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Fogg, James wrote:

> Here's another vote for the IBM Stinkpad. Say what you will about model
> inconsistancies and such, they are a solid machine. I use two in daily duty
> (600X with Win2K + 600E with Linux). Both travel daily. The Linux support is
> excellent.

Yeah, one of the movers for linux on a thinkpad HAS a 600E.  There's even
drivers for the Win"Modem" on board.

There's also a cool utility called apmiser for linux.  While you are on
battery of charging the battery, it kicks down the processor.  If it
notices you are maxing the CPU, it kicks it into full throttle until
you are done.  =)

--Kurt