[geeks] Re: Breeding, etc.

Simeon Johnston geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 30 15:05:18 CDT 2001

"Robert J. Slover" wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I stayed out of the cat discussion even though I think they're a waste of
> space in general.  I was going to stay out of this one too but Chris's
> analyses of what is wrong with kids/parents, example of his mother, and
> subsequent realization that he cares so much anyway prompted me to write.

I agree totally with you.  I hate cats.  It might have something to do with
the fact that I am allergic to them but I disliked them before I found out I
was allergic.  Then I simply despised them.

As to the rest of you post....... I agree totally.
I know I am not ready to be a parent but hope that I will have children some
day, though I don't have any set plans right now ( really the only set plan I
have is not to have set long term plans.  I try to avoid them like the plague
).
I do know what people mean about thinking of there pets as children.  I
understand.  I had a dog once.  She was beautiful.  75% Timber wolf and 25%
Malmut.  She was awesome.  She bred with a Rot and the pups were awesome
too.  A couple of them got her looks with the build of a Rot.  They were
massive.
She was stolen and the pups were sold.  I was quite sad.
I understand but would never do this myself.  I find that pets just irritate
me now.  I tend to think of them as freeloaders.  They simply stick around to
get food, housing, warmth and a comfortable place to sleep.
What a waste of space.  I do have a baby sister though and spend a lot of
time with her.  She is very special to me.  I enjoy watching her grow up.
My sister has a Dalmatian and that thing is lazy as hell.  Smell like ass all
the time.  Even after a bath he smell like ass and shampoo.  Can't eat normal
food or he gets nasty gas.  I kinda hate the stupid mutt.
I think of pets as what they should be thought of.  Animals.  I would keep a
dog around as a guard dog but I would train the thing to do exactly what I
told/want it to do.  I view pets about the same way most of you seem to view
children.  If you can't teach your pet correctly you shouldn't be allowed to
have one.

I don't have a humble opinion.  It went away once I realized at a very young
age that I care very little what other people think.

sim