[geeks] Re: Beagles (was Re: Breeding, etc.)

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 30 08:31:33 CDT 2001

On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 08:30:56AM -0400, John Duksta wrote:
> We got our beagle about a year and a half ago from a no-kill shelter.
> According to the folks at the shelter, he was a hunting dog from
> New Hampshire and wouldn't hunt anymore and was thus given up as
> 'rendered useless.' When we went to meet him (we had been scoping out
> the shelter's web page for a month or so waiting for the right dog
> to show up) while all the other dogs were jumping on their kennels
> and barking, he was all curled up and chilling out in his bed. We
> knew that this was the dog for us.

We got our first St. Bernard (Sam) as a rescue dog from a couple in
north Texas who had just had a baby - and the baby was allergic to
all of their pets, so they had to give him up.

http://images.sunhelp.org/sam/

Unfortunately, in the fall of '99, someone poisoned him (we think)
and we ended up having to put him to sleep. 8-(

Amy's dad bought us a full-blood Saint puppy as a Christmas present
(altho nothing will ever replace Sam; Max is an entirely different
dog, personality-wise).

http://www.mrbill.net/~mrbill/max/

He's even bigger now, probably around 180....

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net