[geeks] Wish lists

David Cantrell geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Apr 27 09:20:21 CDT 2001

On Fri, Apr 27, 2001 at 09:48:07AM -0400, Ken Hansen wrote:

> I (like you, IIRC) was quite fond of the Librettos

I have a soft spot for Libretti too.  They're the ideal form-factor for
the wearable I want.  Unfortunately, I need something in that form factor
with VGA, ethernet and PS/2 sockets, and that ain't available.  So I'm
hitching a ride on the PC104 train.

I used to have a Libretto (a 30, IIRC; Japanese version so it had a *weird*
keyboard which was too small to touch-type on) which made a very nice
little portable Linux box.  Apart from the power-management being very very
odd indeed.  APM didn't work under Linux, and the power button would only
turn the box on, not off.  To turn it off, I had to reboot into Windows and
turn it off from there.

--
David Cantrell | root at alphacomplex.org | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

       Rip, Mix, Burn, unless you're using our latest and greatest
         operating system which we couldn't be arsed to complete