[geeks] Wish lists

amy geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Apr 26 17:01:15 CDT 2001

Ken Hansen wrote:

> As a man with both, a Voyager (Thanks Pete!) and *two* SParcbooks, I can tell you > that the Sparcbook is a more affordable machine.

voyagers and sparcbooks. we've had both around here (and multiple
sparcbooks..8 or 9). the voyager was sold after being deemed 'a cool
pain in the ass'. the sparcbooks were so low on battery life as to be
useless in any 'portable' situation no matter what the cost. the
ultrabooks were all very nice but heavy and expensive for your average
wallet.

between the three, the lesser of all evils is a sparcbook (3gx comes to
mind). but it's still evil. ;) i think the going rate for them on ebay
is around 600. most found there are from the same batch that was
advertised on sunhelp about a year and a half ago.

around here when i'm traveling for more than a week i drag my thinkpad
with me/us.

--a