[geeks] Re: 48v

Robert J. Slover geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 23 12:12:36 CDT 2001

I'm a bit of a phone geek, I guess.  I don't have a great amount of
schtuph anymore, but I still have some (ask my wife, who really does
not appreciate the little stack of span repeaters behind the garage,
though she's happy when I'm able to magically produce whatever type
of telephone some relative needs from my stash).

I was forced to sell my PBX phones to MidWest Electronics while I
was in college (needed cash badly in order to register for the next
quarter).

The company I work for produces software for capacity management
of networks, mostly voice, but some data networks now.

I don't have anything interesting installed at home, though I've been
wanting one of the little Merlin systems for a while.  I dunno, I just
like AT&T equipment, and I always liked those little boxes.  They
look so much nicer than a big off-white rectangle with a screw in the
middle, which is what most of the small systems I've been offered
look like.

--Robert