[geeks] Re: 48v

James Fogg geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 23 10:21:30 CDT 2001

Actually, something I have spent a good deal of time with is voice over IP (a
natural fit for a phone geek who pays for his obsession by network
engineering). If I was going to do a home phone system again it would be an
IP/PBX. An interesting (and working) IP/PBX is the Asterisk PBX, an open source
GNU/Linux project. I have a bunch of routers with voice cards that I could use
as interfaces to the PSTN, but I have no IP phones. I *could* place a bunch of
M$ Windows machines around the house and use netmeeting for phones, but I try
to avoid M$ as much as possible.

If money is no object, my favorite is the Celsius product from Cisco (now part
of the AVVID product line). I went to the schools for that but only worked on 3
of them. Real cool.

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, THOU SPAKE: