[geeks] Re: 48v

James Fogg geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 23 08:15:00 CDT 2001

hehe,, I was lucky to get dial tone in podunk Pennsylvania (Coal country). The
trunks and the switch were way oversubscribed.

On Fri, 20 Apr 2001, THOU SPAKE:
> Jim wrote:
> > btw, I recently moved from a town that has a crossbar. The telco refused to
> > give it up and installed dtmf "converters" to provide touchtone service. They
> > provided "pheatures" like call forwarding by switching the calls through a
> > nearby Nortel DMS100 digital switch.
>
> There are still places w/ x-bar? Holy moly! Even Connersville, Indiana has
> a DMS-100 or ESS5. Did you at least do your duty and break out your copy of
> 'Bluebeep'?
>
> -Jon
	 James D. Fogg, Network Engineer
	Vicinity Corporation - Lebanon, NH

     DESK (603) 442-1751 - CELL (603) 252-1864
     PAGER (802) 742-0280 - HOME (603) 526-7729
            EMAIL jfogg at vicinity.com