[geeks] Re: [SunRescue] Help!

James Fogg geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Apr 19 13:26:55 CDT 2001

Check out the entry level Cisco PIX.
Better performance and less aggravation for less money than a full PC. Less
liability for hardware too, since no hard drive or file system problems with a
power failure. Add the vpn client and your done.

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, THOU SPAKE:
> On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Kris Kirby wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:
> > > I was fairly disappointed by that, as I like Linux (although I liked
> > > OpenBSD better for firewalls before this discovery).
> >
> > ipfw?
>
> I don't believe that would do it either.  Basically, I wanted
> to set up a general masquerading pool, and then a bi-directional
> NAT for traffic for a specific host.  ipfilter has the bimap
> directive for this, but Linux doesn't seem to want to have to
> deal with masquerading out on two different potential addresses.
>
> --Kurt

	 James D. Fogg, Network Engineer
	Vicinity Corporation - Lebanon, NH

     DESK (603) 442-1751 - CELL (603) 252-1864
     PAGER (802) 742-0280 - HOME (603) 526-7729
            EMAIL jfogg at vicinity.com