[geeks] lunchtime poll - cilantro

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Apr 18 15:54:05 CDT 2001

jduksta at genuity.com writes:

>So the question of the day is:

>"Does cilantro taste like soap to you?"

Nope, love it as used in Cambodian food.

There was, for a long time, this *amazing* tiny little family-run
Cambodian restaurant here in Providence (Providence was one of the
main places in the US that Cambodians fled to in the 70s. It
isn't as big anymore, but there's still a noticable population.)
that I ate lunch at every day, because it was a few blocks from
work, and we got 45 minute lunch breaks...

Last fall it changed owners, and now *sucks*. I still go back
every once in a while, hoping they get their shit together, but
it hasn't happened yet.

-- david fischer -- dave at cca.org -- www.cca.org -- Cthulhu told me to. --