[geeks] Hey Chris -- You forgot HP-UX!!

Chris Byrne geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Apr 12 15:03:42 CDT 2001

Ahhhh, hp-sux... well the reason i neither ranted nor raved about the
glorious OS from the boys of sand hill road is simple, I have deliberatley
avoided HP-UX as much as possible ;-)

Actually that's not ture, I have used it a few times, mostly installing
management software and/or security software, but I'm by no means a regular
user or admin.

Of course since even inside of HP there is a strong movement to drop HP-UX
(so strong that they smei-officially announced it a few years ago, but
changed their mind when they heard the collective scream from their
custmers) I dont reate HP-UX high on the confidence meter.

Honestly I'd say that HP-US in the same position that OpenServer/UNIXWare
(SCO products now owned by Ray Noord... I mean Caldera systems) was two
years ago, waiting to be pushed out into the cold.

Chris Byrne