[geeks] Lunchtime poll... who here is a smoker?

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Apr 11 15:54:32 CDT 2001

I worked for a company (not by choice) that had a no smoking *on our property* policy - if you wanted to smoke, you had to walk out to the street (the office was in a rural setting, the sidewalk/parking lot were all private property). On rainy days lots of employees went for "a ride," at the end of which the car looked like something from a Cheech & Chong movie - smoke billowing out, the occupants coughing and stinking something fierce.

I had mixed feelings about the policy, but it helped prevent the "smoking door men" described by Reagen...

Ken