[geeks] Shoot, I forgot about the AIX section

Joshua D. Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Apr 10 01:23:51 CDT 2001

On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Chris Byrne wrote:

> RS/6000's are excellent machines. The really big boys much of the I/O
> capacity and segmentation/paralellization that Mainframes have, but they run
> UNIX, which makeds us all very very happy. And even the little guys are

Of course, in the walks like a duck, quacks like a duck category, if AIX
ain't your thing, then just buy a S/390 with the spare million you have
lyeing around and load linux on it.  Technically not Unix, but some people
seem to think it is closer to unix than AIX.

Ever since RS/6000s went black, I've loved the look of the boxes.  And
their graphics subsystems look decent on paper.  I wouldn't mind having
such a box around, but I think getting a decent SGI or other texture
strong machine is higher on the list of boxes to pay good money for.

--
Joshua Boyd