[geeks] Hmmmmmm Meeeeaaadddd

Chris Byrne geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Apr 4 05:30:45 CDT 2001

You lucky bastard you.

I'm an SCA member myself, and have many a time partook of the "lovely honeyd
liquor". Prperly done it is one of the better alcoholic experience. Most
commercial meads availalbe here are quite poor in texture or flavor, and
there is very little in the way of variety.

Unfortunately here in the US, mead making is something of a lost art. It was
strongly associated with pagan practices by certain fundamentalist religious
groups, and thus was effectively banned in many communities for much of our
history. It has really only recently made a comeback along with the micro
and home brewing industry.

Of course at the same time those industries have been reviving, so has the
neo-pagan movement GASP!!! A a conspiracy of witchcraft AHHHHH!!!!!!

Actually I'm a homebrewer myself.

Oh and if anyone wants to freely openly and honestly discuss the religious
thing, I think that's a pretty relevant topic to the geeks list. A goodly
portion of "geeks" I know practice or believe in some type of "alternative"
religion including myself. IN fact that's my next post.

Chris Byrne