[Packrats] Re: [geeks] My apologies...

Hatle, Steven J. geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Apr 3 13:21:18 CDT 2001

Mike,

I wasn't really concerned - a little fantasy is good, whether it's about
revenge on a former employer, or hot tee.  .  . erm, never mind <grin>.

Don't laugh about coming back as a consultant. Once upon a time I left
company X on good terms because I got a much better offer salary-wise from
company Y. Company X called about a week later, and offered me an obscene
hourly rate to do basically monkey work "because they couldn't afford to
hire a good admin". I did this for almost a year, nights/weekends. If they
would have added the extra 5 figures they paid me as a "consultant" to my
salary when I was there, I wouldn't have left. Go figure.

*yanking soapbox out from under Steve*