[SunHELP] Sun Blade 150 with busted IDE, solutions?

Chris Hanson cmhanson at eschatologist.net
Thu Jan 24 17:37:37 CST 2019

It looks like therebs something wrong with the IDE controller on the Sun
Blade 150 I just acquired. (It fails test-all even with nothing attached and
probe-ide shows neither the CD-ROM nor HD when they are attached, via the Sun
cable.)

Are there any PCI IDE/ATA cards that can boot this system? (I assume the Sun
SCSI cards can.) How about USB or FireWire, can it boot from those? Were there
any PCI SATA cards that might work, and dare I ask for SATA-III?

I expect to be mostly using NetBSD on this system, so in the worst case I can
use a generic PCI IDE card, booting from the network but keeping root local.
Ibd been hoping to also run Solaris 8 (last version with Open Look) though.

  b Chris

Sent from my iPad