[SunHELP] SS20 Solaris 7 boot issue

Peter Stokes peter at ashlyn.co.uk
Tue Jan 24 17:36:50 CST 2017

Hi

Glad you sorted it

I think you will find that it was just the random response of the first device
to respond, but pseudo random hence the repeatable boot sequence

Peter

Sent from my iPhone

> On 24 Jan 2017, at 22:54, Mark Benson <md.benson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Folks, thanks for your input I think I have a lead, from everyone talking
about CD-ROMs and DVD-ROMs I remembered the SS20 has an internal CD-rOM and
I'm using and external DVD-ROM in a 711 case. They were both set to ID 6...

> I'm great when I'm not being stupid... :D
>
> What baffles me is that the OBP booted from the external DVD-ROM but the
kernel for Solaris 7 didn't pick it up and tried the CD-ROM on the internal
connector instead... weird.