[SunHELP] Is this supposed to be happening?

Brian Richman bjrichus at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 2 10:03:47 CST 2013

"Knowing these people it's almost a sure thing. Seven years of high school
down the drain..."

India Huh?

(At least that id what the Interwebs tell
me about Zoho...)

"microcode at zoho.com" <microcode at zoho.com>
Wednesday, January 2, 2013 9:06 AM
>Subject: Re: [SunHELP] Is this supposed to
be happening?

wrote:
>> You are right... that is one of the old so called "reserved" IPV4
address
>> ranges that are supposed to be for "local" use on the client side
of a WAN/LAN
>> link.
>>
>> I would be worried because if someone manages to
hack any of their
>> machines (if they expose 192.168 to your LAN then I bet
they have a few
>> accounts somewhere with default or easy to crack passwords
>
>Good point. Knowing these people it's almost a sure thing. Seven years of
>high school down the drain...
>
>> so making a hack easy), then its a step
closer to YOUR local/private
>> LAN. I'd make sure my firewall is enabled and
check the logs frequently...

>Crap, I didn't think of that. I need to learn
A LOT more about the net. I
>have pretty limited needs and I haven't had the
time or patience or whatever
>it takes to understand the issues. Eventually
I'd like to set up a real
>network instead of what I have slapped together
using the DSL router I
>received when I signed up for this "service".

will have to stay away from the other networks until I learn more or can
>at
least ask intelligent questions about setting up a serious firewall. I
>think
the one in the router should be good in theory but like you pointed
>out if
they let expose their private network on my LAN that is a threat that
>would
need to be dealt with.

>> Bad ISP....
>
>This is so typical of the idiots
around here. They just do exactly whatever
>it takes to make something work,
sortof, and no more than that. The other 2
>or 3 in the country are not likely
to be any different so switching because
>of this isn't an option.
>
>Thanks
for your post. I feel worse now but knowing the truth is better in
>the long
run.
SunHELP at sunhelp.org