[SunHELP] New To Sun Hardware Need help with Sun Blade 1000 POST issue

Peter Stokes peter at ashlyn.co.uk
Tue Oct 16 02:12:35 CDT 2012

Hi Derek

Couple of questions.

1) Has it ever worked in its current configuration?

2) If not, then what is the speed/part nos of the CPU (501 number)? (May
be the POST version is too low rev for the CPU)

3) You say you have hooked up a terminal, I assume serial. Are you 100%
it is the correct pinout and speed setting?

4) Is the CPU in slot 0?

The most common error on the 1000 was faulty memory, which will stop
getting to the graphics screen, but will be reported at the serial console.

Peter