[SunHELP] Rails compatible with T1000

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Wed Oct 3 10:34:00 CDT 2012

On 10/03/12 10:25, Sevan / Venture37 wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm looking for a slide rail kit other than the official ones for a
> T1000 (371-0098), this part number seems to be unique to the T1000 &
> resellers seem to want a lot of money for it, I was wondering if anyone
> has a part number for other rail kits that'd fit this server, searching
> around I found Mr Bill answering this question a while back on the
> rescue list but no specific numbers.
> http://www.sunhelp.org/pipermail/rescue/2011-January/130641.html

And speaking of rail kits ...  the aforementioned X2200M2 came to me
with only the server side of its rails.  Anyone have an extra set of
standard Sun 1U rails around?

Worst case, I may repurpose the rails from one of my two V210s, since I
will probably be retiring the V210s now that I have the X2200, since
I've never figured out any way to stop the V210s from powering
themselves down if their internal temperature drops below 5C.  I'm even
scheming to see if I can get my hands on a second X2200...

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.