[SunHELP] [rescue] SunHELP Status Update

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Dec 3 20:46:55 CST 2012

On Mon, Dec 03, 2012 at 06:47:23PM -0500, Steve Sandau wrote:
>I wrote Bill a private "thanks and tell me if you need money to
>support SunHelp/Rescue" email

I'm actually pretty good in regards to "direct support" of SunHELP - the
machine is running great (I've replaced one hard drive and a case fan
over the past two years, and upgraded the CPU to a Phenom II X4 960T)
and I've got plenty of spare parts and HDs.

My Internet connection here at home is a Comcast Business Class link,
currently 27/7, with five static IPs.  I never thought I would say this,
but I've been extremely happy with Comcast's business service.  It's
worlds apart from their "consumer" level stuff.  They basically hand me
an Ethernet uplink off the router and gave me my IP info.  I ran 50/10
speeds for a month and a half, but just recently downgraded back to the
27/7 as it wasn't really worth the extra $100/month.

So, everyone who has offered financial support for the site and lists -
thank you, but I couldn't in good conscience accept it because the
Comcast link is also my primary net link here at home, and is used for
streaming video (I don't subscribe to cable/sat TV), VoIP phone, and so
forth - not just SunHELP.  That $150 is It's part of my monthly budget,
and would exist regardless of the state of the site and lists.

However, if anybody really insists on doing something, you can always
buy me books, movies, or camping gear.  These redirect to my Amazon wish
lists.

http://wishlist.mrbill.net
http://moviewishlist.mrbill.net
http://campingwishlist.mrbill.net