[SunHELP] buy firewall router or use SB100 and ipfilter

Stefan Hames rsh5 at cornell.edu
Tue Sep 8 11:34:03 CDT 2009

Hi All,

I just wanted to get some opinions  on whether to buy one of several
brands of"security"  routers/firewalls (say Cisco RVS4000) or to use
my Sun Blade 100 running ipfilter. The Sun Blade runs at 500 mHz,
IIRC, has an 80 gb 7200 Seagate HD, and 1.5 gigabytes of RAM. I have
a new Sun 1000 Base-t card I could put in it. I'd like the firewall
or SB to fit immediately after my cable modem and before my gigabit
ethernet/Nwireless network.

Comments?

TIA

Stefan