[SunHELP] marTux - OpenSolaris distro for UltraSPARC-I based systems

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Mon Dec 28 22:43:03 CST 2009

" From: Sevan / Venture37 <venture37 at gmail.com>
"
" On 28/12/2009 18:51, Sandwich Maker wrote:
" > " From: "Sevan / Venture37" <venture37 at gmail.com>
" > "
" > " Hi guys
" > " I saw this distro mentioned in the OpenSolaris bible this morning,
" > " anyone had a chance to run it on a ultra 1 yet?
" > " http://martux.org/
" >
" > followup - martux appears to be stalled at 0.2 released in '06, which
" > doesn't support elite/creator fb like my u1e has.
"
" stalled at .04 released in '08 ;)
" check /SPARC_distro_incl_Xorg7.2/cdrom__NoGnome_NoJDS_with_icewm/

that's a relief!  but they certainly buried it...  and --

http://www.martux.org/SPARC_distro_incl_Xorg7.2/cdrom__NoGnome_NoJDS_with_icewm/README.txt

Hardware Requirements:

Any sun4u or sun4v box (except those based on UltraSPARC-I at this
time)
.
.
.
UltraSPARC-I support may be revived in an upcoming release.

oh well...

supposedly the u1e is enough like the u2 to boot a u2 kernel, so if
you just play footsie with the boot links so that the installer thinks
your machine -is- a u2, you can install regular s10.  like apple with
osx, the installer blocks platforms it actually can run on...