[SunHELP] adding/removing metadb replicas

listmail listmail at triad.rr.com
Fri Jan 11 11:10:44 CST 2008

I'm looking to get rid of c1t0d0sX metadb replicas, since the c1t0d0
disk is no longer being used for my root mirror config. The "p,l,o"
flags have me concerned since they do not show for the t4 and t5 drives
as well.  The c1t5d0 and c1t4d0 replicas were added with metadb -a (no
-f) after a local disk (c1t1d0) had failed.

Is there anything I need to do manually?  Will metadb -d c1t0d0s5
c1t0d0s6 c1t0d0s7 suffice?

metadb -i
        flags           first blk       block count
     a    p  luo        16              8192            /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s5
     a    p  luo        16              8192            /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s6
     a    p  luo        16              8192            /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s7
     a        u         16              8192            /dev/dsk/c1t5d0s5
     a        u         16              8192            /dev/dsk/c1t5d0s6
     a        u         16              8192            /dev/dsk/c1t5d0s7
     a        u         16              8192            /dev/dsk/c1t4d0s5
     a        u         16              8192            /dev/dsk/c1t4d0s6
     a        u         16              8192            /dev/dsk/c1t4d0s7
 r - replica does not have device relocation information
 o - replica active prior to last mddb configuration change
 u - replica is up to date
 l - locator for this replica was read successfully
 c - replica's location was in /etc/lvm/mddb.cf
 p - replica's location was patched in kernel
 m - replica is master, this is replica selected as input
 W - replica has device write errors
 a - replica is active, commits are occurring to this replica
 M - replica had problem with master blocks
 D - replica had problem with data blocks
 F - replica had format problems
 S - replica is too small to hold current data base
 R - replica had device read errors

OS is Solaris 9