[SunHELP] Warranty check? (was: How to check what hardware is available?)

Alexander Skwar listen at alexander.skwar.name
Fri Sep 1 07:49:12 CDT 2006

Martin Frost <martin at omniconsumerproducts.com>:

> On Fri, 1 Sep 2006, Alexander Skwar wrote:
>
>> As I'm having problems accessing my DVD, I'm wondering if the
>> DVD drive is properly connected.
>>
>> To check, I switched to the boot prompted and typed probe-ide. I got:
>>
>> {1} ok probe-ide
>>   Device 0  ( Primary Master )
>>          Not Present
>
> That's where it should be.

Thought so myself :(

>> Where is my DVD drive?
>
>> Should I start to panic? :)
>
> Not yet, but you should open the case and check the cables!

Will do so.

> A V240 is still a current machine - do you have a support contract for it,
> or is it less than a year old and hence under warranty?

It's older than a year :( I don't know if that matters, but my company
is in Germany and we bought the hardware from Sun Germany. In Germany,
warranty has to be 2 years - or is this only for endconsumers?

Is there some website, where I could key in something (serial number?)
and it would tell me, if I still have warranty?

Thanks,

Alexander Skwar
--
The trouble is, there is an endless supply of White Men, but there has
always been a limited number of Human Beings.