[SunHELP] sendmail

Sebastian Jaenicke sj+sunhelp at jaenicke.org
Thu Mar 30 17:22:08 CST 2006

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 10:53:48PM +0530, Sunil Rawat wrote:
[..]
> We are using the send mail in the sun server enterprise 450

sendmail on Solaris (8?) -> Ok.

> and we got the bounce back mails.

The WHAT?

> When we ping the domain name we got the message unknown host . But after

Why did you ping it, then?

> editing the aliases file we run the command

Why did you edit the aliases file?

> "newaliases" but after it we got the error message:
> Warning: .cf file is out of date: sendmail 8.11.7p1+Sun supports version 9,
> .cf
> file is version 8

No error, just a warning. Feel free to create a new sendmail.cf from
your sendmail.mc file and it'll disappear.

> Can you help me.....

If you want somebody to solve your problem, it might help
to actually provide details about what your problem is.

- Sebastian
--
Being able to read minds would be of limited value without the ability to
also write minds, considering all the blank media out there.