[SunHELP] Quad card problems on SUN 5.8

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 09:08:39 CST 2006

On 3/30/06, Will McDonald <wmcdonald at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 30/03/06, Patrik Usher <Patrik.Usher at cardium.se> wrote:
> > Thanks
> > Think you on to something there.
> > Have the device path in path_to_inst,
> > "/pci at 1e,600000/pci at 5/SUNW,qfe at 0,1" 0 "qfe" and so on.
> > But don't have under /devices/pci at 1e,600000/
> > pci at 5B and futher is missing.
> > /dev/qfe pionts to /devices/pseudo/clone at 0:qfe
> > qfe from /etc/driver_aliases points to: qfe SUNW,qfe and I can see that
> > driver is loaded by kernel.
> > Shouldn't qfe point to a pci instance in /etc/driver_aliases ?
>
> Maybe a silly question but did you "touch /reconfigure" then reboot or
> boot -r after adding the card?

Maybe there are device conflicts that have not been cleaned up?  Did
you try "devfsadm -C" to get rid of extraneous links?

Also, do you have link light on the ports when you plug in your cables?

You might want to eliminate some variables and try a cross-over cable
between two ports on the Sun (or directly from the qfe to a free
ethernet on another box).  This will allow you to eliminate anything
downstream of the Sun (for instance--are the ports turned up on the
switch?).

=Nadine=