[SunHELP] SparcServer 470

Valery Yankin sosiski at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 00:30:03 CST 2006

> I just acquired a sparcserver 470.  This is my first Sun machine. I'm
> wondering what I can run on it?  Is NetBSD an option?  Anyone have any
> helpful experiences they could share with me?  Thanks!

Owning an old machine like this one you'll definitely be better off
running a lightweight OS. Doubtlessly you'll never want to run an old
Solaris (say, prior to 5.6), so installing NetBSD or OpenBSD is an option.

Make sure you browse through the hardware compatibility list first for
each of these and read the installation instructions carefully.