[SunHELP] actual, not average CPU load?

Brigance, Leslie V, WCS lbrigance at att.com
Tue Mar 7 07:15:34 CST 2006

U might get close to what you want by using just the sar cpu command at
5 sec intervals with a count of 20 or 30.
CPU is the default.  Keep in mind that the 1st couple of lines are
pretty much meaningless.
By this I  mean just (on the command line as root, of course)

#  sar 5 20

Which will give you 20 reports at 5 second intervals. You get much more
rapid rises and falls in CPU usage.
If you decrease your interval much below 5, the sar command itself
starts to really distort your data.
LesB