[SunHELP] Sun Fire V100 and large drives over 80GB

George Munk MUNKG at iomega.com
Mon Mar 6 08:45:53 CST 2006

One other comment about 120 GB drives. We bought and used some Western
Digital 120 GB drives in some of our V100s. When one of them failed, the
replacement drive which was the exact same model, prevented the system
from booting. This occurred using all versions of Solaris 9 that we
tried and with multiple newer disks. The problem didn't occur with
Solaris 10. I don't recall the exact message but the implication was
that Solaris 9 was trying to get or set a drive parameter and hung when
it wasn't able to.

George