[SunHELP] reconfigure sendmail

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Mon Jul 31 10:28:22 CDT 2006

" From: "Connolly, Michael - EC Newton" <Michael.Connolly at itt.com>
"
" Please forgive me as I know nothing of sendmail - never could use it "for
" real" due to corporate mandate of Exchange/Outlook use. Have used it
" out-of-the-box for local (server) purposes pre-Solaris 9.
"
" I just installed Solaris 9 9/.05 on a 280R. It appears that sendmail has
" configured itself automatically to send mail via our corporate server. This is
" the first time I have seen this with an install of Solaris.
"
" So if some kind soul would not mind sending me some info on how to disable
" this and still be able to use sendmail locally on the server (to mail crontab
" results etc. to root account) I would appreciate it. I do not want to disable
" sendmail completely (by renaming S88sendmail).

this is in fact exactly what you want to do.  daemon mode is for
receiving email, but it's forked and launched from your mailer to send
mail.  only removing the sendmail pkg would disable this.

you may have to learn something about sendmail.cf and sendmail.mc to
get a config file tailored just right.