[SunHELP] Latest Solaris 9 Recommended cluster issue

Connolly, Michael - EC Newton Michael.Connolly at itt.com
Wed Jul 19 13:30:24 CDT 2006

Just loaded Solaris 9 9/05 on a 280R. The install went fine. Now I've
installed the latest Solaris 9 Recommended cluster (in single-user mode, of
course) and it has hosed the box!!!

Errors seen:
"undefined symbol 'ddi_can_recv_sig'
"cannot load module ldterm"
"cannot load module su"

INIT: Command is respawning to rapidly"

amongst others. As I've never had a cluster fail on this magnitude (I cannot
login) what is the best way to aproach this? Try to boot in single user and
back out the kernel patch (as this seems to be the root cause)?

Regards,
Michael J. Connolly
Worldwide PLM/PDM Manager
ITT Electronic Components
617-969-3700 x8302
************************************
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are proprietary and intended
solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you
have
received this e-mail in error please notify the sender. Please note that any
or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do
not
necessarily represent those of ITT, Inc. The recipient should check
this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT accepts
no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.