[SunHELP] Can't boot from Solaris 10 6/06 DVD on SunFire 240

Steve Haavik shaavik at soc.lib.md.us
Thu Aug 31 09:45:59 CDT 2006

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006, Alexander Skwar wrote:

> I downloaded the Solaris 10 6/06 DVD for Sparc, as I'd like to
> install it on a SunFire 240 system. This system doesn't have a
> graphics card, but it has a ALOM (Sun(tm) Advanced Lights Out
> Manager 1.3), to which I can connect.

I had a lot of trouble with my v880's the last time I tied to do that too.
I ended up giving up and I setup a network install server instead.

It was frustrating to attempt to boot the machine 4 times on a disk that
works fine in another server and I can't get it to read it all. And yet my
old Solaris 9 disks do work. Burning the image on different media might
help, but I didn't have that option. If you've got media to waste you
could try slowing it down to 1x for the burn too, but I don't know if
that would really help. Did you try burning the CD images instead?