[SunHELP] AOL Instant Messaging (AIM)

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 10:44:13 CDT 2006

On 8/22/06, Rodney Sparapani <rsparapa at mcw.edu> wrote:
> One quirk does pop up.  If you launch gaim after openoffice v. 2.0, then
> you don't get the icons, only a version without eye-candy.  If you
> launch gaim first, you get icons.  So, what the heck is openoffice
> doing?  Is it changing the color palette to something that PNG can't
> support so gaim is switching to a bland setting?
>
> Rodney
>
> PS.  Does anyone else care about this?

I know you moved stuff around and built gaim yourself. Not sure if you
did anything with crle, that sounds like that might be your problem.
You might be setting ld_library_path with your openoffice install (you
built that yourself?).

But, why bother? JDS comes with solaris nowadays and has gaim. Even if
you are running sol 8, you can simply get gaim on www.blastwave.org.

Francois