[SunHELP] monitor powersave solaris 10

Tom Lieuallen toml at engr.orst.edu
Mon Aug 14 12:45:33 CDT 2006

Does anyone have a silver bullet for solving powersave problems in solaris
10?  We have sun sparc workstations.  We had absolutely no problems with
solaris 8.  But, in solaris 10, it seems that not much works for us. :-(
We opened a call with sun a while back for our blade 1500's w/ xvr-600's,
and dell monitors.  We did finally get them working, but Sun was shutting
the door on us -- wouldn't fix problems with non-sun monitors. :-(

We have other suns, include ultra 10's (and sun monitors) that still
aren't working.  They're not on support, but patched fully.

Anyway, if anyone has a silver bullet, we'd sure appreciate it.

thank you

Tom Lieuallen
Oregon State University