[SunHELP] SS10 PROM Upgrade

Mark Benson markbenson at mac.com
Thu Apr 27 16:38:01 CDT 2006

I need some help. I have a SPARCstation 10 with a 2.14 PROM in. I
just got a stack of RAM and a pair of SM81 CPU modules for it. RAM
works fine but the SM81s are not supported until PROM version 2.22.1
(thanks to the MBus Rough Guide for that, I was beginning to worry).
Does anyone have the facility to supply a 2.22.1 or 2.25 (NOT 2.25R)
PROM chip? I believe there is no way of flashing the ROM in these
machines from the OpenBoot - am I correct?

Thanks...

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://mdblog.68kmac.org>
68kMac.org:
<http://www.68kmac.org>
AmiRevival 2006 - Keeping the Amiga ALiVE!
<http://www.amirevival.com>

"Introducing Macintosh Classic II - pick one out on your way past the
trash!"