[SunHELP] NIS query

Yazid mohd.yazid at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 00:15:46 CDT 2006

I know a bit about NIS, but I don't really understand your question,
maybe you can rephrase in simpler sentence.
What's a securenets?
Do you want to remove one of the machine from NIS?
If you want to give a user root access, what's the problem of just
giving the root passwd of that particular machine to him?
How's the machine being in the network relates to the NIS? I think you
can just remove the machine from NIS, and configure everything using
local files and still able to access the network, or you can also
combine the  use of of local files and NIS.

cheers;
--yazid