[SunHELP] Add a disk

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 01:10:02 CDT 2005

On 9/11/05, Matthew Weigel <unique at idempot.net> wrote:
> On 11 Sep, 2005, at 5:49 PM, Eric Webb wrote:
>
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > Need basic pointers/starters on how to add new disks to an existing
> > Sol9
> > install.  I have two extra drives I'm adding to an E250, the idea is
> > to use
> > them as a mirrored pair for data.  Coming from other *nixes, I'm kinda
> > lost
> > without an LVM... ;)
>
> http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/816-4520 - Solaris Volume Manager
> Administration Guide.

There are a number of good step-by-step guides out there on the web
to go along with the official docs for SVM, or "DiskSuite" for us old
timers:

http://www.unixway.com/vm/disksuite/index.html
http://slacksite.com/solaris/
http://www.adminschoice.com/docs/P_Solstice_disksuite.htm
http://sysunconfig.net/unixtips/solaris.html#svm

I still refer to these to remind myself of syntax when doing things
that are (hopefully) rare, like replacing failed disks.

=Nadine=