[SunHELP] Xsun without mouse and keyboard?

Chris Anderson christop at charm.net
Sun Sep 4 18:26:19 CDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-04 at 21:48 +0400, Valeriy Yankin wrote:
>  Thank you for the information. However, I would still like to ask the
> following question: is it or not possible to run the X server without
> mouse or keyboard? If yes, how to do it? Once I have the dtlogin thing
> running, I think I will figure out the rest.

You need dtlogin or xdm running on the Solaris server (or use the other
method with dtsession).  To run, as root do: /usr/dt/dtlogin &,
or /usr/openwin/bin/xdm.

Then you can use the Exceed to connect to the Sun as an X terminal.
Both the Exceed docs and the Solaris admin docs should have better
information, since this is a common thing to run... a headless Sun
serving X terminals.