[SunHELP] root passwd expired

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 18:41:37 CST 2005

This is a good reason to have sudo installed and configured--you can
always execute "sudo passwd root" if you have the ability to do "su -"
under sudo.

sudo is a stock package in Sol 9 and above, so it's an easy failsafe.

We've set up a cron job to email us 5 days before root password
expiration, due to the expiration causing administrative cron jobs
to stop running.

=Nadine=