[SunHELP] How to reset smc password on Solaris 10?

Adam Victor Reed areed2 at calstatela.edu
Tue Nov 1 13:35:41 CST 2005

I've "inherited" a system whose previous admin is no longer with us.
I reset the root password in the usual way.  However, I have not found
any way to reset the smc (Solaris 10) password.  The machine is highly
configured, so starting over with a clean disk is not a realistic
option.  How can root reset root's smc password on a Solaris 10 system?

--
				Adam Reed
				areed2 at calstatela.edu

Context matters. Seldom does *anything* have only one cause.