[SunHELP] Setting backspace key

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue Jul 19 08:49:27 CDT 2005

" From: "James, Denise" <denise.james at fldoe.org>
"
" I have tried to edit the .profile that root uses so that I can set the
" backspace key.  Nothing seems to work.  I also tried to set an alias and
" that did not work either...I got the error not found.
"
"
"
" Each time I login, I have to type stty erase ^H
"
" I'd like to know how to permanently set the backspace key.

i have

/usr/bin/tty -s && stty erase ^H intr ^?

in my /.profile

have you read up on stty(1)?