[SunHELP] anyone gotten a 73gig drive to work with am ultra?

Arthur Wouk awouk at nilenet.com
Mon Jul 4 12:30:41 CDT 2005

re:

:From: velociraptor <velociraptor at gmail.com>
:Subject: Re: [SunHELP] anyone gotten a 73gig drive to work with am
:	ultra?
:
:You might try changing the jumper for delay start, as a final test.
:I know when I put some newer SCSI (well, circa 1998 drives) in
:older Macs (IIci), I had trouble where the disks didn't spin up
:soon enough so that the OS would recognize them.  I would
:expect the Sun to be better about that though.
:
:I wonder if maybe the PSU is not outputting enough voltage for
:the disk?
:
:Just tossing out ideas as I've never heard of this kind of problem
:before.
:

see my response to   Michael Lehmann which should be above in the digest.