[SunHELP] Solaris 8 / fsck / SDS 4.2.1 / boot failed

Michael Karl mk at lexcom-net.de
Mon Feb 14 02:33:31 CST 2005

Hello,

I'd setting up an Ultra60-Cycle-Clone with Solaris 8/SDS 4.2.1
and two 36GB-IBM-Disks, also the latest Recommended-Patch-Cluster.

With SDS 4.2.1 inclusive 108693-25-Patch I have a problem.
I'm thinking, that I've had this problem in the past, but
now I don't remember the solution.

I'd setting up mirroring ...
it works on / and /usr fine, but not with one more filesystem.

The boot failed with a fsck-error. 'fsck' in single-user-mode doesn't report
a problem and the start after this with 'crtl+d' is normal. The next boot
fails with the same error.

I googled, but find no hints :-(

Best regards Michael