[SunHELP] Control-c does not break out of programs

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue Feb 1 15:06:03 CST 2005

" From: Tom Stewart <TomST at netins.com>
"
"     I have recently installed Solaris 8 on a number of boxes and Control-c
" keystroke will not break out of some programs like tail -f.  Control-z works
" then I have to kill the job by hand.  Anyone have any ideas on how to get it
" to work?

review your tty settings; read up on stty(1).  check also which
signals your shell may be catching with 'trap'.