[SunHELP] query on disk usage of sun servers

listmail listmail at triad.rr.com
Thu Dec 29 07:12:57 CST 2005

Sunil Rawat wrote:

>Hi..
>I have some query on disk usage in servers actually in my organisiation we
>were using sun serrvers and we created numbers of volumes or partation of
>200GB say /101 , 102 etc  are of 200 GB and in each  volumes we have a dir.
>and in each dir we have some child dir. and in child dir there is more
>child dir. and at last there is some job folder or file ,actually my query
>is how we can recognise that particular file or job folder is not touch in
>last six month ( Reqd output at first stage ) as we know that if we
>use  find command it will give output of modified folder but not tell the
>out put at first stage, it will give output of file of child or folder just
>above the modified file or job and output is not reldected to the root or
>first stage dir.
>thanks...

I'm not totally sure of what you are asking when you talk of "reldected"
and "first stage" unless you mean you
want the find output to show the entire filepath starting from root.  It
sounds like you want to use the -mtime,
-atime and -type switches.  example:  find /101 -type f -mtime 180.  To
any extent I believe your needs
would be answered in: man find.   If you need further help perhaps you
can paste sample output an explain
what doesn't meet your expectations and what you actually expect.