[SunHELP] Trying to boot diskn:m Ultra5 problems (maybe newbie-itis)

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Fri Apr 29 13:52:47 CDT 2005

" From: Amadeus Stevenson <amadeus.stevenson at gmail.com>
"
" I've been having some problems with my inaugural ultra 5 and was
" wondering if anyone with more experience than me (ie. some) could
" point me in the right direction! I spent a good hour googling and
" searching lists but couldn't find anything.
"
" I've installed netBSD2 on an ide disk, but when trying to boot I have
" no luck loading the system.
"
" ok boot diskn
" ok boot diskn:m
"
" Where n,m range from 0 to 5, a-f
"
" ok boot cdrom (ok)
"
" I've tried all of the above and keep getting an error message saying
" there's nothing there or it can't find anything.

first thought - you haven't installed the secondary loader in the
bootblock.