[SunHELP] ultra2 power-on without keyboard??

Matthew Weigel unique at idempot.net
Tue Apr 5 12:22:35 CDT 2005

stephen price wrote:

> I have an Ultra2 that I want to rack and run off a
> pc-style kvm with a sun keyboard/mouse converter.
>
> So hook it all up - and of course, it won't power on
> without a type5 keyboard to push the power button.

I don't know about your Sun keyboard converter, but mine
has a power button on it.

That said, everything from my IPX to my Ultra 10 boots
automatically when power is supplied, without the keyboard
button being pressed - some with serial consoles instead of
K/V/M, some with keyboard.
--
Matthew Weigel