[SunHELP] Solaris x86 on Secondary IDE

Miguel Cardenas mfcardenas at prodigy.net.mx
Sun Oct 24 20:11:27 CDT 2004

Hello people

Am still trying with Solaris9 x86, got another hard disk 'cos need that
computer running windows too... since dos/windows only boot on the primary
master ide interface want to install solaris as slave or secondary ide, but,
is it possible?

With the installation CD by force tells me it requires to be installed on
c0d0, somebody at irc told me to boot with the software v1 disk, and it
worked until the 1st disk was installed and computer rebooted, the solaris
hard disk did not boot and entered directly to windows. If my memory does not
fail it was installed in c0d1 (?) as secondary master...

Is it possible to have both operating systems on the same computer? The goal
should be have something like this:

Primary master: windows, linux
Secondary master: solaris

If there's a way to do that would thank any help...

Regards,
Mike