[SunHELP] Misc questions about Gnome on Solaris

Fabio fabio at crearium.com
Fri Oct 15 19:16:45 CDT 2004

Hi.

I have a Sun blade 1000, Solaris 9 and Gnome and I think I dont have
configurated as I would like.
I have the following problems:

- I cant switch to another user leaving the session opened, so I dont
have that flexibility.

- I dont have system administration tools, just gnome desktop
preference, There is no basic GUI interfaces for simple tasks like
mounting volumes or user management

- It is impossible to upgrade to newer version of Gnome, The only way is
join Gnome and become a developer.

Any work around? How can I deal with this problems, I want to have a
tight integration with Sun blade and gnome.

thanks